Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dallas!

We are moved in to our new house in Dallas! Well, moved in in the sense that all our earthly possessions are inside our house somewhere. :)

Here are some stats for our first 48 hours:

107....the temperature as we arrived
1.....the number of lemon-sized cockroaches we've seen inside our house (I'm really hoping this number does not increase!)
7.....the number of phone calls it has taken to get our electric turned on
30....the number of minutes I could jog outside at 9pm

We're enjoying the location of our house. It is only 0.5mi to the church and within walking distance to many cafes, but it feels very quaint with sidewalks everywhere. It'll be great for strolls when the weather is a little less harsh.

Also, here's a link to my Dad and I getting 2nd place in a "Father-Daughter" lookalike contest for Father's Day in my hometown newspaper. There were 44 entries.

No comments: