Wednesday, April 28, 2010

First Time Home Buyers

We started the day enjoying this beautiful sunrise...
Then signed a bunch of papers with this awesome team of people...

And now we officially own our first house! (Our friend, Conrad, who owns the title company played with Hudson during the closing and gave him the special hat.)

Our realtor, mortgage broker & rep from the title company helped us so much! It was an absolute pleasure and joy to work with them. We know we don't even realize all they did for us, but we know it's a lot!! Our realtor, Nancy, and her family live in the same neighborhood and have already become friends. We look forward to much more time spent together!

I know it would be more fun to see pics of the house rather than us holding the papers & keys, but I've decided not to post any pics of the outside of the house on the blog (happy to e-mail one if anyone's dying to see it). I will post some pictures of the inside in the next few days. Our plan is to paint a lot of the inside, put in new kitchen cabinets, have the pool resurfaced & a pool fence installed (a safety measure) within the next week. Then, we're moving in next Wednesday!

4 comments:

meg said...

Congrats! I'm glad it was a good experience...it can be so stressful! I can't wait to see pictures!

Laura said...

CONGRATS! I can't wait to see pics! I bet it is soo awesome to live in Florida. Will you send me a pic of the outside? I would love to see it. How are you doing Emily? When are you due?

Elisa said...

Woohoo!! Congratulations! A pool and everything! :) Now you officially are more grown up than me. Can't wait to see pics!

Buckhannon Upshur High School Math said...

Hey guys, congratulations on the house, I hope your hand isn't too sore. We miss you guys, especially as Strawberry Festival approaches. Nathan asked about Hudson the other day, we were looking at pictures from his last birthday. He thinks Virginia is a very long way, he doesn't quite understand being in the car for a whole day to come visit you. When is the baby due? What name have you decided on? I am working on my blog site. It is at thecerullos.blogspot.com I think this is right. Hope to talk to you soon.