Monday, January 21, 2013

Edith Elaine Johnstone

Earlier this month, my paternal grandmother passed away. She was widowed in 2011 when my grandfather passed away. I've called my grandmother 2-3 times per week since then and enjoyed our conversations.
 She was wise, honest, independent, although happily married to my grandfather for 68 years, a nurse, a great Bargain shopper, loved taking her kids & grandkids to Steinmart when they visited, enjoyed playing cribbage & Bridge and had a routine of shows she watched (Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune).
I so enjoyed time spent with my grandparents! I have great respect for them and am thankful for the many ways they shaped my life for the better. My grandmother passed away peacefully at her daughter's (my aunt's) house at the age of 90 years. She enjoyed Christmas with my aunt's family, told them she was very happy with the life she'd lived and went to bed. It seems she knew her time was imminent and was at peace with that. 

No comments: