Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Memphis

Trent & Hudson in front of the pyramid in Memphis



around mile 12

Memphis's famous Beale Street

The race finished in the stadium behind me


Overall we had a great time in Memphis. We enjoyed checking out the expo (a fun event before all major marathons), seeing the lights of Beale St, eating out, and I of course enjoyed running. I got a new PR (personal record) of 1:47:13 by 35 seconds. I'd like to try and shave a few minutes off of that time, but I have no plans for another race anytime soon. I got to see Trent & Hudson at a few spots on the course, which was a great highlight.

Since this race was raising money for St. Jude Children's Hospital, there were lots of signs about kids that were presently in the hospital or previously treated there. Parents held up posters with a picture of their "baby" saying things like "Thanks for running for Jake. You are a hero to him" or "My sweet Emma cannot run so thanks for running for her." It was emotional while running.

No comments: