Tuesday, December 8, 2009

June 4, 2010

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lordthe fruit of the womb a reward. Psalm 127:3

This is my due date for baby #2!! We are absolutely thrilled at this little miracle that God is forming together even now in my womb. I spent the first trimester not overly excited about this little blessing as I was much sicker this time than with Hudson. I stand in awe of the women who are sick the whole time and carry on thankful for the baby that's growing within them. I, on the other hand, was miserable and spent the majority of my time not feeling thankful. My selfishness became so apparent. 

Trent and I have been referring to this baby as "poppyseed" for the time being. When we found out I was pregnant (at 4 weeks along), the trusty internet said the baby was the size of a poppy seed. We have our big ultrasound on Jan 4th (the day after our 6th wedding anniversary) and are planning on finding out the sex again.

But the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him, and his righteousness to children's children, to those who keep his covenant and remember to do his commandments." Psalm 103:17-18

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Hudson will be a wonderful big brother! ~ Ashley Miller

The Novaks said...

So excited for y'all!! I'm guessing it's a girl...I felt a lot sicker this time too:) I hope you're feeling better now, and I hope y'all are still enjoying Dallas! Any news on what could be next?

Suzanne said...

Hey Emily! We're expecting #3 at the end of May! I must admit, I felt the same way you did during the first trimester (not very thankful) though feeling sicker doesn't mean we're having a girl--we're having a third boy! Congratulations, children are so exciting!

meg said...

Congratulations Emily, Trent, and Hudson! I'm so excited for all of you! Feel better, Emily, and remember it will all be worth it.

Julie said...

Congratulations!!! Praying for you all!

Julie Bauer

J. Grant Dys said...

Congrats, Castos! May God be glorified! - Dyses.

Heather said...

congratulations! you are not the first or the last prego woman to feel a lot selfish when their world gets turned upside down by sickness! glad you are feeling better!