Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Papaw Bob (June 7, 1930-June 16, 2010)

Papaw Bob passed away at home in his sleep Wednesday night. This was Trent's maternal grandfather. Anna Kate was born the day before Papaw's birthday.
He and Dot ("Mamaw" to us) were married 59 years.
Papaw loved playing volleyball, tennis, golf, bowling, Tuck (a card/board game) and was a fierce competitor. He served in the Air Force for over twenty years. After living all over the world, they retired at home on a farm in the West Virginia hills.

Trent officiated the funeral this weekend. I'll leave you with one of Papaw's favorite scriptures that Trent preached at his service. (He loved the King James Version of the Bible, so that is what I will post.)

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. -Job 19:25-27

We love you and will miss you 'til we see you again Papaw!

No comments: