Sunday, August 10, 2008

Me, need sleep?


Things are going pretty well here, just trying to get back into the swing of things after vacation. Hudson seems to be regressing on sleeping longer at night. He's getting up more and more often at night and I'm not quite sure what to do about it. I'm feeding him a few times, reswaddling him a couple times and giving him his pacifier a couple times each night. I think he's out growing the swaddle, but we're not sure how to put him to sleep without it. He knows when he's put in his crib, swaddled & given his pacifier that it's time for bed. Do I just put him in his crib without anything else? I imagine we're going to have a long few days as we lay him in his crib without a blanket. Any great sleep ideas for 4mo olds are welcomed! I also would move him to his own bedroom if we didn't live in a one bedroom house. I wake up to all the sweet coos, laughs, foot kicks and grunts through out the night. It's amazing to me how I can sleep through loud thunderstorms, music or other sounds, but I wake up to peeps from this handsome little tyke.

4 comments:

lisa said...

hi emily. love reading your blog. the pics from vermont look heavenly, especially the lobster. my favorite food.
about the lack of consistent sleep, that sounds tough. i'm sorry about that. i do remember mya sleeping less well in our room. it may be that he knows you're right there, or he hears you guys toss and turn.
i hope you figure something out so you can sleep more soundly. you'll need it to run with him in the jogging stroller! how fun!

Missy said...

emily,
i can totoally relate.... since on vacation, asher is not sleeping well with us in our room. i think i got up a hundred times last night to give him a pacifier. he's also outgrowing the swaddle and i have no idea how to transition him either! peyton hated being swaddled and slept on her tummy, so i'm not quite sure how to handle it. if you do find out, let me know! we're heading back to MO tomorrow, so hopefully we'll see you soon!
missy ><>

Emily said...

Thanks for the love & encouragement Lisa & Missy! I hope to see you & your sweet little ones around soon! Missy, I hope I have great advice for us, but so far I have nothing...

Heather said...

emily,
I had the same old dilema with Addie. She outgrew the swaddle and there were no sweet tricks to get her sleeping quickly! I ended switching her to her tummy at that point. Lila has been on her tummy forever so we've managed to avoid the craziness of outgrowing the swaddle. With all sleeping positions come some negative. About one month ago, when Lila learned to roll to her back but not back to her tummy...she was seriously like a bug that had been flipped to its back flayling about with great intensity! David and I would take turns flipping her all night long! Give it a week and they learn a new trick and start soothing themselves in a different way! In the meantime, hang in there and find some relief that all of us moms are facing new challenges each day...most of which would be helped by a little sleep. It will come...I am waiting too:)