Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Power of Bye Bye

First, I don't have much update on Mark. He's still in the hospital, but I did get to talk to him today and he sounded much better- that seems like a good sign. 

We still haven't bought a new camera, mostly from our laziness. I'm hoping to get one before Halloween so you can all see the scariest, cutest little dinosaur. Hudson got his halloween costume a couple weekends ago from Aunt Stephanie and has been asking to wear it when I get him dressed in the morning. I taught him how to hold up his "claws" and roar...it's priceless!

In absence of fun pics, I thought I'd tell you a great phase Hudson is going through right now. He loves telling people and things "bye bye." He's been saying this and waving for a half a year or so, but he is really into it now. So here's the great thing- if we have to leave a super fun place, like a playground, and Hudson starts to throw a tantrum. I can say, "Hudson tell the slide bye bye." He immediately stops the tantrum and in a sweet demeanor waves and says "bye bye." It works with everything- leaving a stick outside, walking away from a shiny fire engine in a parking lot, leaving his pacifier in his bed, saying goodbye to friends, etc.... He should probably be disciplined for starting to throw a tantrum, but this is so easy and has worked 100% recently. I can't imagine this phase will last long, but I'm enjoying it now. 

1 comment:

Elisa said...

How fun! And cute...I wish I could be there to see his new trick!