Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Labor Day

Trent's parents just sent us some pictures from when they visited us over Labor Day. So, I thought I'd post some. 

At White Rock Lake not far from our house. The lake has a 9 mile trail around it and we go often to run or walk. There are also some playgrounds, which is a great treat for Hudson after sitting in the jogging stroller for awhile. 
We were both able to run in a 5 mile race since Trent's parents were here to watch Hudson. It was great fun! When we're both in a race, I love when it's an out-and-back, so I get to see speedy Trent run by. Trent got 3rd overall and I think I got 3rd in my age group (if I'm remembering correctly).

Hudson & Papaw
Trent's mom took us out to a neighborhood theater while Trent's Dad watched Hudson. We were surprised when we got home to find a birthday cake & balloons for us (Labor Day is right in between our birthdays). Hudson loved playing with the balloons!
This is actually from the summer-- Trent with his dad and brother.
also from the summer, but was too fun not to post
also from the summer, but since he loves this tractor and took it to church with us this morning & was trying to secretly get it into his crib at naptime (which I acted like I didn't notice and he is now sleeping soundly with his beloved), I decided to post this picture too
also from the summer, this boy just has a passion for anything that goes

We are going back to WV for Thanksgiving and will get to see lots of family next week! We are super excited and looking forward to meeting 2 new nephews (one was just born on Sunday!) as well as seeing all of Trent's family and my Dad & Stepmom. Unfortunately, we won't get to visit with either of my sisters. There are now 19 people in Trent's immediate family (with still more on the way) and I think we'll all be together! How fun. In his extended family (just grandparents, aunts/uncles & 1st cousins), there are 61 on his dad's side and 38 on his mom's side. We'll also get to share Thanksgiving with most of them!

No comments: