Friday, September 18, 2009

KABJ

Today is 6 years since my mother passed away. I did a post for her last year remembering things she loved. If you want to read it, click here. Anyways, I thought I'd tell you a quick story about her this year. KABJ are my mom's initials, for Kathleen "Kitty" Ann Bell Johnstone. For several years when I was little, I thought her name was Kitty and a bell Johnstone. I was probably a little too old to still be believing that and telling people that was her name before I finally figured it out. I always wondered why my Grandma named her "Kitty and a bell", but there's some things you just don't question when you're younger. I can also remember wondering if my mom liked her name because she never struck me as being all about cats, especially ones that jingle when they're around you. :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Emily that is such a sweet story! When I was little we would watch movies and old Mickey Mouse club shows with Annette Funicello. And I always thought her name was "A net full of jello".