Saturday, May 22, 2010

Showered with Love

Our church had a beautiful baby shower for me today! I felt totally unworthy of all the love & gifts they lavished on me. We haven't even been here 2 months yet, but I certainly appreciated this fun event. It definitely made me even more excited for our daughter's arrival.

This gives you a little idea of the number of women who came (over 60!). Martha spoke great words of wisdom & encouragement to me and all moms there. She reminded us of the need of praying for our kids in all areas of their lives. I will always remember, and hopefully continue to grow, as a mother of prayer.
Then Joyce, the head pastor's wife, prayed for our little girl, our family & all the families in our church. It was also encouraging and powerful.
I spoke for just a couple minutes on how grateful we are to be a part of this little sector of the body of Christ here and also how this event reminded me that the love of Christ is rich and free. Just like how I was completely humbled by how these women's love and support of us was unconditional, so is the love of Christ. We do nothing to earn or merit the unconditional love of God, rather in his mercy, he gives it freely to us! What an awesome truth of the gospel on which to reflect!

Elizabeth made this sweet cake
Always food where women are involved...it was all so yummy :)

The other pregnant ladies in our church right now. The 2 middle ones, Jen & Jill, are also due soon (both with their sixth!). Samantha is due in September with her first.
Trent took a couple 38 week pregnancy shots this morning (with Hudson in his mix & match hand-me-down jammies :))

No comments: