Friday, April 11, 2008

Reflection

At the beginning of this week I wrote about my thoughts of staying home all week with Hudson. Instead of laying low and staying home, Hudson and I were out and about the whole week. In hindsight, this was not the wisest of decisions. I didn't take any naps, but instead walked too much (I'm definitely taking after my father here) and spent 8 hours in IRS offices with Trent & Hudson trying to get our taxes finished. The good news is that our taxes are now finished, but the bad news is that it took 8 hours of running around to 3 different IRS offices with a 10 day old baby, pouring rain and I had a stomach virus. Trent and I kept saying things like "Well, at least our car is working" because that was about the only positive thing we could think of for the day. Fortunately, our taxes are done and that long day is behind us.
Trent didn't preach today or last Sunday, which was incredibly helpful. Instead of needing to devote a lot of hours to writing those sermons, he spent all the time hanging out with Hudson & me. We both got haircuts yesterday and then we watched a movie last night. We saw "Dan in Real Life" and both enjoyed it. We took Hudson to church today and he did a great job. He ate just before the service and fell asleep during the opening songs and slept straight through his first sermon (which I was pleased about).
Next week, I am looking forward to taking things slower and enjoying my time as a stay-at-home mom.

Showing his neat eye trick and wearing his new clothes from Nana


Dressed for church


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys!

I am so happy for you! Hudson is absolutely amazing. You must be proud.

Grandma said something about you guys coming in to town next month? I hope you do!

email me anytime! I miss you!

Donna :-)

dbell@capital.edu

Seema said...

He just keeps getting cuteer!!